03/15/2010 Freedom Watch 93 w/ Walter Block, Jacob Hornberger, Paul Armentano, Paul Farrell

Freedom Watch 93 is ready for viewing. Enjoy it below.

Walter Block and Jacob Hornberger on your Rights and the Census.

Paul Armentano on cause of drug violence.

Paul Farrell on American Empire.

Embed Codes:

Walter Block and Jacob Hornberger
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://video.foxnews.com/v/embed.js?id=4106724&w=400&h=249"></script>

Paul Armentano
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://video.foxnews.com/v/embed.js?id=4107050&w=400&h=249"></script>

Paul Farrell
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://video.foxnews.com/v/embed.js?id=4107085&w=400&h=249"></script>

1. Jim Said,

March 16, 2010 @ 3:47 pm

Under Title 13, Chapter 7, Subchapter 2 I don't find any provisions for any punishment greater than $100 for failing to answer any question. It also appears that the $100 is the maximum that can be imposed in the aggregate. I have scanned all of Title 13 and can find no other references. Does anyone else have the section that shows a $5000 aggregate fine?

2. Kevin Said,

March 16, 2010 @ 9:34 pm

Funny, Hornberger says he won't push the issue. "Wow, demanding my constitutional Right to privacy could cost me five grand? OK, Mr. Obama, what do you want to know about me?"

I doubt we will see Mr. Farrell again soon. Kind of a meandering speaker. Probably one of those types who really need to write to organize their thoughts.

3. Jason Said,

March 16, 2010 @ 9:45 pm

Jim, thanks for the info – and I'd like an answer as well.

I'm disappointed with Hornberger and Block – They both seem to be wimpy and/or indecisive about standing up for their Constitutional rights in regards to the census.

It is our duty as citizens to partake in civil disobedience whenever/wherever the Government is acting unConstitutionally, which it clearly is in regards to the census and it's invasive questions (beyond number in household). Why these two act so wishy-washy on this issue is beyond me. I will stand with the Judge and refuse to answer any question beyond that which I am Constitutionally required to do. If they fine me, I will initiate or join a class-action lawsuit.

4. Kevin Said,

March 16, 2010 @ 9:57 pm

At some point I might be back here asking you if you found a good lawyer! I'm with the Judge on this one: I'm going to use the Miranda rights to assert my Right to silence.

5. Patriot Said,

March 17, 2010 @ 12:28 am

Ten years ago I only told the census worker the number of persons in the household, and when he tried to ask me additional questions I cited the Constitution and closed the door… never allowed him in my house. I will do the same this year.

Not only are we a nation of sheep, but when it comes to our rights we are cowards as well.

6. NANCYRUSSELL Said,

March 17, 2010 @ 1:23 pm

THERE IS A $5000 FINE IN SECTION 3571 BUT ONLY APPLIES TO ONE WHO HAS BEEN CHARGED AND CONVICTED OF A CRIME IN SECTION 3559. OTHERWISE IT DOES NOT APPLY. CAN ANYONE VERIFY THIS INFO?

7. Linda Said,

March 17, 2010 @ 7:34 pm

Herein lies the problem…

Just like trying to fight the IRS, fighting the Constitutionality of the expanded Census questioning in the courts will cost the entire lifetime fortune of any individual that attempts it.

The founding fathers had a very different situation. They could travel freely and without tracking…THEY could sell their stuff and disappear. That's impossible today.

END THE FED, END THE IRS and the entire playing field reverses….Its the only solution.

8. Jason Said,

March 17, 2010 @ 4:02 pm

Patriot and Kevin: I'm sure you're aware of this quote by Benjamin Franklin, but it is very appropriate NOW:

"We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately"

I "hang together" with you both, and anyone else who stands for their inalienable Rights regarding the invasive census questions (or any other unconstitutional trick this criminal government tries to perpetrate).

It would appear that Hornberger (and perhaps Block) only share this sentiment if it doesn't cost too much.

9. Jason Said,

March 18, 2010 @ 1:31 am

"END THE FED, END THE IRS"

I agree Linda. That is the ultimate and only lasting solution.

But in the mean time, wherever we can, we must resist illegal government meddling.

10. Jim Said,

March 20, 2010 @ 5:02 pm

NancyRussel: What statute are quoting from? What you posted isn't enough info to check. The only applicable law I am aware of is 13 USC Chapter 7. If there is something superseding that, please pass it along.

Thanks!

11. Jim Said,

March 21, 2010 @ 1:59 pm

Patriot: Interstate Commerce Commission v Brimson ruled against the appellee and the quote is taken completely out of context. The court quoted from McCulloch v. Maryland to affirm that, "Let the end be legitimate, let it be within the scope of the constitution, and all means which are appropriate, which are plainly adapted to that end, which are not prohibited, but consistent with the letter and spirit of the constitution, are constitutional." That meant the ICC had the right to take the appellee to trial over a failure to produce the requested documents and the case was remanded.

12. reboot the republic » Video: Walter Block and Jacob Hornberger on Your Rights and the Census Said,

March 23, 2010 @ 5:30 pm