11/17/2009 Freedom Watch 58 w/ Nick Gillespie, John Dennis, Walter Williams

Another great episode of Freedom Watch is up and ready for your liberty-loving eyeballs. Check it out below.

Nick Gillespie

John Dennis

Walter Williams

1. Joe Said,

November 18, 2009 @ 3:03 am

Walter Williams is the man!

On another note,
    Judge I suggest you do some panels, with some people who disagree (repubs and dems). I love a libertarian love-fest as much as the next guy, but the show sure would be a lot more interesting if there was some debate.

2. KBCraig Said,

November 18, 2009 @ 6:37 am

There's enough debate among libertarians to keep things lively. The last thing this show needs to be is a CNN/MSNBC/Fox shout-down.

It's refreshing to see intelligent discussion for a change. Not ever subject needs opposing viewpoints to be thoroughly discussed.

3. Robert Taylor Said,

November 18, 2009 @ 9:08 pm

I can't think of anything that's more thought-provoking than your present commentaries and guests. A term such as "love-fest" is demeaning and careless. BTW, thank you judge for standing up to arch-traditionalist O'Reilly. We now know where he stands on the Constitution, don't we?

4. Henry Said,

November 19, 2009 @ 7:48 pm

It would be nice if you guys made it easy for us to share single videos (on Facebook, Twitter, etc).

5. Greg Said,

November 26, 2009 @ 12:29 am

Although I agree with the Walter Williams segment of the show, I would like to play devil's advocate. (This show really does need dissenting views.)

It seems you could take your "taxation is theft" argument all the way up to anarchy. Aren't all government expenditures ultimately paid for by one of us by threat of a gun? Extortion, like the Italian mob, protection money they call it.

I believe small government is a necessary evil, I just don't know how to argue this point.

6. LibertarianMike Said,

November 26, 2009 @ 4:56 am

I, too, used to argue that [small] government is a necessary evil, etc. But after thinking about it for quite some time, and unable to properly argue the point (as you've been unable to thus far), I've come to the conclusion that government is _inherently_ evil, and that a stateless society is indeed possible and feasible. (There are numerous examples from the likes of Walter Block and Stefan Molyneux who can give details of how such a society can function efficiently). Of course we're so far from such a thing that (and given the nature of man to crave power) such ideas will likely not ever be more than just that: ideas…

7. Greg Said,

November 26, 2009 @ 4:11 pm

I've watched a really good video of Walter Block talking about privatization of highways, it actually sounded really feasible. Gotta love me some capitalism! It seems from a moral standpoint Rothbard and clan really got things right. I highly respect the Austrian school, and intend to learn more from it.

It seems stateless ideas are unachievable however, given that trying to convince a crowd of people will result in being laughed off the stage! I will just have to try and show that just because there is a police department paid for by taxation, it doesn't justify a takeover of the entire economy. Government, made up of men, does naturally crave more and more power and it is our responsibility to slap it back every once in a while. Need some GOOD OL' FASHUND FREEDUM ROUND HEER, YAHOO!

8. platypusrex256 Said,

November 30, 2009 @ 7:44 pm

IRS with a gun! I love it.