1/13/2011 Freedom Watch w/ Louie Gohmert, Marc Lamont Hill, Thomas Sowell, Star Parker, more

Here is the Thursday, January 13th, 2011 edition of Freedom Watch with Judge Napolitano.

httpvp://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=C80BF091C3553537

1. Roland Said,

January 14, 2011 @ 7:55 am

NYC cops: “Scoop your poop – or we’ll shoot!”

2. Roland Said,

January 14, 2011 @ 9:33 am

Leslie Marshall continues the fantasy that “we” own part of General Motors. That is baloney, as is talk of GM “paying us back.” If a crook steals your wallet and then invests the money in a company, is it your investment? Of course not. Look at the paperwork and I guarantee your name won’t be on it. The money used to be yours, but now it’s gone and you will never get it back.
    I will believe that I as a taxpayer own part of GM the day I get a dividend check in the mail, or a refund of the amount I “invested.”

3. Jean Said,

January 14, 2011 @ 10:58 am

Agree 100% of your arguement Roland. Spot on. It's like the concept of "public property". Really, well if that is the case, where is my portion so I can sell it. You'd be laughed out of the room.__Judge, you're an idealist, and frankly, you have the best show on TV. I didn't believe that the GOP would actually follow what the Tea Party wanted in the first place. They run like libertarians, but govern like Big Government GOP'ers. (Harry Browne used to say that alot) We've been down this road before.
    After 1994, the GOP promised to follow their own contract with the public, and did enact some of the provisions, but the important ones were never adopted, or we're simply voted out. Back then as well, the Senate put Bob Dole in as majority leader. He and John Boehner are from the same cloth.
    My only hope is that after this 2 year cycle, the GOP becomes the "Whigs" of the 21st century. They are useless, and need to go.

4. Roland Said,

January 14, 2011 @ 12:15 pm

Great points, Jean. I remember a Republican leader (not sure which one) being interviewed about the Contract with America after the Republicans took over in ’94. What about the National Endowment for the Arts? the trembling reporter asked. Not a legitimate function of the federal government – it’s history! the leader chortled. Yeah, right.
    I just looked up the CwA in Wikipedia. Take a look at the “Effects” section of the article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contract_with_Americ
    Having heard the Republican propaganda, one would think that there would be some mention in that section of a significant reduction in the size of government. Yet all it talks about is who got a political advantage over whom and for how long. In other words, the professional wrestling match in DC went on as usual, with the only change being that it was the red-state rubes’ turn to cheer.

5. kev Said,

January 15, 2011 @ 2:58 pm

Here is another word that sugarcoats a horrific act "collateral damage". Doesn't sound as bad as what it really is… the accidental or intentional killing of innocent people.

6. Jim Said,

January 15, 2011 @ 5:44 pm

No reason to out orrin offered?

7. Ronnie Said,

January 15, 2011 @ 7:06 pm

Great show. Dr. Sowell was breaking it down for the simple people like me to understand. Congratulations to Star Parker.

8. langa Said,

January 16, 2011 @ 12:43 am

Well, his long record of fanatically supporting the War on Drugs would be good enough reason for me.

9. Carla Said,

January 18, 2011 @ 7:27 pm

He's an enormous supporter of the FDA, or one. He spouts freedom all the time, but no matter how unpopular a law containing the regulation food and drugs is – not to mention unconstitutional – he votes for it every time. He has sent me letters telling me that I'm wrong about the FDA and that they're here to save the day – even telling me this while also stating that the majority of Utahns have asked that he vote no on expanding the FDA. I don't know for sure, but I'll bet a fortune he's in bed with them.

He supports the failing war on drugs, as langa said. He's unrelenting on this matter.

He supported the Patriot Act all the while pretending he never voted for it. He spouts how horrible the TSA is, but voting for the Patriot Act certainly opened a door for it.

He says he's a supporter of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, but he seems to vote against them every chance he gets. He spouts rhetoric, but really, he's just a hypocrite. We need to vote this guy out.

10. Sheridan Berry Said,

March 5, 2012 @ 8:33 am

I checked on the link. Glad that you posted it. I enjoyed watching the video as I ‘m learning so much from the speakers.

11. Sheridan Berry Said,

March 8, 2012 @ 10:59 am

I appreciate the link you shared. I missed the episode and I’m really glad to found a copy in your page.