01/15/2010 Judge Napolitano’s “The Constitution and Freedom” Part 5

The final part of the Judge’s great educational series on the U.S. Constitution has been posted.

Please see the special page we set up containing links to all the parts along with the embedded playlist to watch
the entire series:

1. Chris Said,

January 16, 2010 @ 5:27 am

These videos were very good. They reminded me of a few things I hadn't thought about in a long time.

It's fitting that the ending of video 5 should have such a somber tone.

2. Joe Robertson Said,

January 16, 2010 @ 5:44 am

Thank you Judge! Fantastic job. Informative and entertaining which is a combination needed to get the message out. The 220 yr old message of the US Constitution and the Liberty it affords every US Citizen. I will be watching the series again with my 2 youngest still at home. Thank you again and Judge 2012! :)

3. jeffersonianideal Said,

January 16, 2010 @ 7:30 pm

If the States had only foreseen the damage to the constitution that has resulted by the creation of the federal government, they may have chosen a different approach.

4. Warren J Hengel Jr Said,

January 16, 2010 @ 9:40 pm

Hello Judge! I really enjoyed your 5 part series on the constitution. As a PoliSci Major and in all my political sciences classes in college I never got a class about the U S Constitution like that which you did. Thanks!

5. Trish Said,

January 17, 2010 @ 1:20 pm

Judge, thank you so much for this five part series. I can only imagine what some of nations greatest leaders would say if they were alive today to see what has happened to our country and what they have done to our Constitution. I pray that in 2010 there will be brave men and women, with morals, values, love and respect for the Constitution, that will stand up and run for office to take back our country and return her to what she once was.

6. E. Wall Said,

January 18, 2010 @ 7:56 pm

I had trouble playing the video of this Constitution series. Is there a hard copy that is available to download? Judge Napolitano's presentation was excellent.

7. Tom Said,

January 19, 2010 @ 12:16 pm

Judge Napolitano is my new hero. He speaks the truth, tells it like it is, and has the knowledge and insight that many "elected representatives" sadly lack.
    What an excellent series. It should be mandatory viewing for anyone wanting an understanding of the USA.

8. Bob Robertson Said,

January 19, 2010 @ 11:36 am

One of the best books I’ve read on the subject is Tom DiLorenzo’s _Hamilton’s Curse_.

And JeffersonianIdeal, some people did know. Reading the Anti-Federalist papers is like a roadmap of exactly the kind of abuses we know and love today.

Right up front, in the very first Anti-Federalist paper, Brutus points out that anything and everything could be justified under “interstate commerce” and “general welfare”, and sure enough!

I have to ask, really, just how bad were those “tariffs against goods from other states” that supposedly justified abandoning the Articles of Confederation? As bad as what we have now?

9. Alex Said,

January 20, 2010 @ 5:02 pm

Is there no Freedom Watch this week?
    Did I miss the notice?