09/25/2009 Freedom Watch 37 w/ Dan Ikenson, Jacob Hornberger

Episode 37 of Freedom Watch with Judge Napolitano was recorded yesterday and is now available for viewing below and at http://foxnews.com/freedomwatch.

Dan Ikenson – Director of CATO Institute’s Center for Trade Policy

Jacob Hornberger – President, Future of Freedom Foundation

1. Tyler Jordan Said,

September 26, 2009 @ 2:17 am

Love ya Judge!

I have to hold up a candle of disagreement on the international free trade issue, Dan comments that the benefits always weigh in favor of free trade – well point in fact economics 101 disagrees. "Dumping", which the Chinese are well known for, is a highly anti-competitive strategy used by governments and other mega-monopolies to usurp markets and left unchecked by governments i.e. failure to impose tariffs, leads to larger and larger monopolistic control of markets, to the point that consumers LOSE.

Just as the governments duty is to insure and protect the rights of it's citizens, it must also do so for it's corporations. As you may be aware if you're read any amount of the NAFTA and GATT legislation, it has a strong bias toward monopolies.

The reason we fight against big government and socialism is that we are AGAINST monopolistic power, which stands as a beacon to corrupt individuals. If we cannot tolerate such a beacon in government, it follows that we must not tolerate such when it is other big governments and/or monopolistic powers either.

Free trade is great, so long as the rights of individuals and corporations are respected and monopolistic power isn't allowed to reign.

2. Alex Carson Said,

September 26, 2009 @ 12:51 pm

Please correct: These are the videos for the 24th, not 25th.

3. Alex Carson Said,

September 26, 2009 @ 1:37 pm

"well, they were released on the 25th but recorded on the 24th so they could be labeled either date"

No, they couldn't. I realize you have an all-volunteer on this site, and I really appreciate what you all do. I'm just volunteering a bit of my time here to let you know that if you label a show broadcast on Friday, with the same date as the one that was broadcast on Thursday, it's confusing for the viewers.

Besides, you already had a notice for Thursdays show labeled as for the 24th, (scroll down and you'll find it).

4. marcg Said,

September 26, 2009 @ 1:09 pm

well, they were released on the 25th but recorded on the 24th so they could be labeled either date. And the Foxnews site labels them from the 25th. The guest list update posted on Thursdays going forward will label the videos for the Friday date to make them more consistent with what Fox is doing.

5. marcg Said,

September 26, 2009 @ 5:32 pm

Well, apparently they can be labeled either because I did it. :)

There was no show broadcast on the 24th (Thursday). The show was recorded on the 24th. It was released on the 25th. Allow me to repeat myself because you seem to have missed it:

"And the Foxnews site labels them from the 25th. The guest list update posted on Thursdays going forward will label the videos for the Friday date to make them more consistent with what Fox is doing."

There is then, in essence no Thursday show because Fox doesn't make one available on that date.

So going forward you will see the upcoming guest for Thursday's recorded show labeled with Friday's air date to match what Fox is doing. I apologize for the confusion.

I'm going to modify the title of the upcoming guest post labeled the 24th to be the 25th to match the show number. Rest easy my friend, we appreciate the feedback.

Enjoy,
    Marc

6. Alex Carson Said,

September 26, 2009 @ 6:28 pm

Thanks for the reply Marc.
    I didn't know the show was only 4 days a week. I could have sworn I'd heard
    the Judge promise 5 days a week – but I guess it was just wishful thinking.

Thanks again for your work.

Alex

7. marcg Said,

September 26, 2009 @ 7:24 pm

Yes, the hope was that they'd do it every weekday, but they ran up against studio availability problems so 4 days is how it ended up (for now). It wasn't lack of desire, it just was not possible with the studio schedule.

Enjoy.

8. LibertarianMike Said,

September 26, 2009 @ 8:00 pm

Wow, clear as mud!

9. Jaime Paszek Said,

September 16, 2011 @ 7:09 am

whoah this blog is fantastic i love reading your articles. Keep up the great work! You know, a lot of people are looking around for this information, you can help them greatly.