05/13/2009 Freedom Watch 14: Ron Paul, Daniel Hannan, Tom Woods, Lew Rockwell, Peter Schiff, Shelly Roche, Tom Palmer

The latest and greatest liberty power hour is ready for your viewing in case you missed it today. Check it out in the playlist below or if youtube is acting up head over there to play it directly. The show is now available on the foxnews.com video site under the Strategy Room feed. If you’d like to watch it on the Fox site here are the direct links to each of the 6 parts:

Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5 | Part 6

Embed code for playlist:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/p/C062F5B37139A24A&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/p/C062F5B37139A24A&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="385" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

1. JBlocki Said,

May 13, 2009 @ 9:21 pm

1. Good to see the new format for THE best show out there.
    2. The old starting music was much better.
    3. While discussion is great and disagreement is part of the free exchange of ideas, Tom Palmer seemed a bit out of place. Cato and its people are not viewed as consistently pro-freedom by anyone who follows and respects Lew Rockwell and Tom Woods.
    4. Could Ron Paul's bill to audit the Federal Reserve that is now closing on on 150 co-sponsors be covered in a future show?

Thank you Judge for your work on our behalf!

2. Jake Said,

May 13, 2009 @ 9:21 pm

This was the best episode yet without a doubt.

3. Matt J. Said,

May 13, 2009 @ 10:36 pm

Does Fox count YouTube views as viewership?

4. Patrick Said,

May 13, 2009 @ 10:40 pm

When is the mp3 going to be available?

And I agree with JBlocki…I don't like Catoites that much. They tend to make too many concessions against liberty.

5. Ryan Said,

May 13, 2009 @ 11:02 pm

Best show anywhere, period.

6. Joesj44 Said,

May 14, 2009 @ 1:40 am

Prepare for Hyperinflation or Go Broke: http://inflation.us

7. exceller Said,

May 14, 2009 @ 2:24 am

another great show, maybe the best. I'd love to hear more from Hannan commenting on what is happening in Europe.

one disappointment-The opening music! I love the old music.

8. Edward Said,

May 14, 2009 @ 7:51 am

This was the best show yet from a technical perspective. There were still a few glitches, but the production was definitely upgraded.

Peter Schiff and Tom Woods in particular were great, as usual. They are just awesome at making points without fluff. These are the guys who should be explaining the economy to O'Reilly and Hannity rather than economic illiterates such as like Dick Morris and Karl Rove.

While I agree that Cato tends to make too many concessions and the Mises Institute and LewRockwell.com are superior (especially on monetary and economic policy), I liked the debate on tariffs. I wish it had gone on longer. I learn by listening to learned disagreements.

One last thing: Can the http://inflation.us guy spare us? His posts should be deleted as spam.

9. Doug Said,

May 14, 2009 @ 9:40 am

Judge, thanks so much for this program. I can hardly wait to watch it each week on YouTube. Here's my advice for making it even better:

1. Quit the near-constant whispering while your guests are talking, or find a way to reliably turn off your studio mikes.

2. Quit putting on two remote guests at a time, because neither of them gets to speak in any depth on the issues.

3. Have fewer guests altogether, again so you can spend more time with each and focus more deeply on the issues.

4. Cut out the "gimmick" guests from Fox News.

5. Cut out twitter tweets.

6. Learn to pronounce "Mises" correctly. (Meeses)

Thanks again, and much good luck with future shows.

10. Patrick Said,

May 14, 2009 @ 6:31 pm

I listened to the episode. Tom Palmer wasn't bad. He did better than I expected of a Cato member. I also liked how he challenged Peter Schiff on some of Schiff's analysis.

And I agree with most of Doug's suggestions.

11. Thomas Said,

May 14, 2009 @ 7:32 pm

I also enjoyed the debate between Palmer and Schiff. Although I must agree with Schiff that the tariffs will not be as much a deciding factor as inflation will be with the US having the lowest exports and highest imports of any country.

12. exceller Said,

May 15, 2009 @ 12:13 am

I also agree with Dougs suggestions. The guest list is really good, it would almost be better to rotate them and not have them on all at the same time, in order to draw out the answers a bit and to give a guest the chance to answer several questions in a row.
    The guy from Cato was okay I thought, and the exchange with Peter was very interesting.
    First time I've heard Tom Woods speak, wow, this guy is sharp and very concise and logical.
    There is simply nothing like this show anywhere.

13. Michael Anderson Said,

May 15, 2009 @ 11:51 am

This was the best show so far. I like how the whole thing set up.

14. Ross Mann Said,

May 15, 2009 @ 1:15 pm

I loved this episode of freedom watch, Jam packed full of great speakers and guests. Lively debate and many good points. I look forward to it every week.

15. Doug Said,

May 16, 2009 @ 7:31 am

exceller,

I've read Tom Woods' latest book "Meltdown" (it's great!) and have watched or listened to many of his talks found on the Mises Institute site and elsewhere. In my opinion, his latest talk is by far his greatest:

Other talks can be found here:

I hope we'll hear more from him in future Freedom Watch shows.

16. Jack Said,

May 17, 2009 @ 12:58 am

Great post, I agree with every one of them. The thing I'd like to do with the gimmick guests is to sit them down, shake them, and say "Listen! Really listen!" It seems like most people hear this stuff about monetary policy with eyes glazed over– they hear but don't understand– then they go off on these shows like the Sat. morning Fox shows and end up getting lost in the weeds with silly arguments about the effects of the problems rather than the cause of the problems. "Always learning but never able to come to the knowledge of the truth." – 2 Tim 3:7

17. Thomas Jefferson Said,

May 19, 2009 @ 3:37 pm

A Common Scent
    (A Historical Novel about Thomas Jefferson
    showing who fought for liberty and who fought
    for selfish reasons in the American Revolution)
    by
    Steffan Stanford

18. david Said,

May 19, 2009 @ 5:32 pm

Shelly is not only a babe but a babe with brains. Search Shelly Roche on youtube and you'll expand your education on all things libertarian. B)

19. Jaycephus Said,

August 9, 2009 @ 10:36 pm

It's a little funny to see Peter's somewhat rude enthusiasm overwhelm the Judge's patience.

20. John1189 Said,