04/22/2009 Freedom Watch 11: Shepherd Smith, Ron Paul, Trace Gallagher, James Bovard, Pastor Steve Anderson, Shelly Roche

Shepherd Smith (a last minute replacement guest for Glenn Beck) provided some passion while discussing torture, including the use of an expletive to hammer his point home. Ron Paul and The Judge were able to dig a deeper into some of the topics provided by the viewers. Another great show. Watch it below in it’s entirety.

NOTE: If you’d like to embed the playlist (including all parts) on your own site use the embed code provided below the video. If you’d rather watch the entire show on youtube or have problems viewing the embedded playlist go here.

Embed this playlist:
<object width="480" height="385" data="http://www.youtube.com/p/DD524776734C3FEE&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"><param name="src" value="http://www.youtube.com/p/DD524776734C3FEE&hl=en" /></object>

1. zaia8467 Said,

April 22, 2009 @ 7:25 pm

Preparing Americans for Hyperinflation: http://inflation.us

2. exceller Said,

April 22, 2009 @ 8:38 pm

oh good god, what in the world is Shepherd Smith doing on here? ugh.
    i've got it on mute until i see him leave the set.

3. HDThoreau Said,

April 22, 2009 @ 8:49 pm

Why are you following Obama's lead. You do know this is the discussion you have when a government upholds and defends the US Constitution. We don't have that, so wtf are you numbnuts going on about.

You are playing Obama's game, and you took the bait. He's a foreign born national. If you want to talk about something unAmerican, start at the top.

4. Nick Said,

April 22, 2009 @ 8:52 pm

What is the average number of people that stream this show live? How are we doing with convincing Fox to put it on TV?

5. chicon Said,

April 22, 2009 @ 8:56 pm

HDThoreau has an excellent point. Obama is a magician (or someone behind the scenes is a magician). "Look, look over there at what is in my right hand… while I continue to crush the economy in my left." If you want to figure out a magician's trick, always look in the direction opposite the focus.

6. Andre Said,

April 22, 2009 @ 9:21 pm

Freedom Watch should talk about this case:

Freedom Watch is a breathe of fresh air in the media world! Thank you for everything you do and I hope it comes onto TV.

7. James B Said,

April 22, 2009 @ 11:06 pm

I normally like Sheppard Smith well enough on Fox, but I honestly think he may have had a few too many cocktails at lunch today. I don't think him chanting, "We are America, we don't torture" added anything to the discussion.

8. Balding Eagle Said,

April 22, 2009 @ 11:34 pm

Sheppard Smith is, unfortunately for him, a loud mouth embarrassment every time he is on Freedom Watch. So please turn down his mike if he has to be back on the show. He is aggravating my tinnitus.

9. mike Said,

April 22, 2009 @ 11:39 pm

For one I appreciated Shepard Smith's passion on the issue.

10. Larry S Said,

April 23, 2009 @ 12:48 am

I stopped watching Fox several years ago — I got tired of listening to the screamers, like Hannity and the egoists, like O'Reilly. Then I bought a book from the Judge and really liked what I read. A friend emailed a link to breakthematrix.com – it has a link to the show where the Judge discusses politics with Ron Paul. I didn't know the Judge had his own show. I will once again tune into Fox if only to watch Freedom Watch.

11. Ryan Said,

April 23, 2009 @ 1:13 am

Write your comment here…

12. Ryan Said,

April 23, 2009 @ 1:14 am

Still the best show out there.. Thx Judge!

13. Libertas Said,

April 23, 2009 @ 5:28 am

I love this show. It's so important. Keep it up.

14. Libertas Said,

April 23, 2009 @ 5:31 am

I agree. I became completely disilusioned with FOX. I can hardly tolerate Hannity and O'Reilly, esp. after their treatment of Ron Paul, but Judge Napolitano is a breath of fresh air. He and Ron Paul really woke me up to the crimes of the Bush administration and the destruction of the Constitution.

15. Justin Said,

April 23, 2009 @ 9:24 am

David Hackett Fischer in "Washington's Crossing," "American leaders believed it was not enough to win the war. They also had to win in a way that was consistent with the values of their society and the principles of their cause. One of their greatest achievements … was to manage the war in a manner that was true to the expanding humanitarian ideals of the American Revolution."
    All this debate is irrelevant

16. Yvonne Said,

April 23, 2009 @ 11:02 am

I have a new respect for Shepherd Smith and this show. It's nice to see a newscaster react with real emotion instead of the typical PC every day. I have mixed feelings about this subject, but hats off to Shepherd for putting his real thoughts out there!

17. Joe. Said,

April 23, 2009 @ 5:19 pm

I have been hearing and reading alot of years about rights and the constitution Etc.The problem with patriots is that most I"ve met over the past 30 years dont know the Lord. This Nation was established as Jesus Christ the head. Righteousness exalteth a nation, this nation, but sin has made us a reproach. Till we turn to HIM for help, the demons who are running the show now will not be abated. I am a monetary realist and a Bible (King James) realist. Preachers quit preaching and it shows.

18. Albert Said,

April 23, 2009 @ 7:49 pm

The Fact that FOX would let this air so much is very interesting. We do all understand that Obama is trying to protect the BUSH Administration a Republican administration a "Right" administration. We all know the simple truth here. Our government was the one who got caught and we are having a very hard time getting a grip on it, but don't let this confuse you. All the methods named in the documents found. Prior to us starting to use them were always condemned as TORTURE. PERIOD!! That has been our stand for decades now since the Vietnam war. When all of those tactics and then some where use on our boys.

As for the FED… well look We have lost our way. The amount of money spent for the bailout all of the Sudden money that was NEVER for things like, Taking care of our veterans, education, reducing the cost of health care, combating poverty, drugs, I mean you name it and we didn't have enough money for it, but all of the SUDDEN we have find Trillions for a Few banks (some even foreign!!!) and bail them out.

I am a Free Capitalist and Capitalism has always been survival of the fittest. Nature has taught us that if your are not fit to survive in the wild in the ecosystem. You get wiped out PERIOD! Just like nature capitalism evolves and changes. If you cannot keep up with this truth, then it is time to put you to pasture.

Rad the Constitution and Bill of Rights… MEMORIZE it!! It might one day save your life.

19. Micah Said,

April 23, 2009 @ 11:28 pm

To those who are finding 'new found respect for Shepherd Smith', I urge you to think carefully here….. Consider his adversarial manner against Ron Paul in the Republican primaries….

"Congressman Paul….. a question on the subject of electability…. Do you have any sir?"

If I had been there, he'd still be eating through a straw…. damned pissant.

I've loved freedom watch, but I'm not buying the "Glenn Beck and Shepherd Smith are champions of the freedom movement" crapola. Is it a requirement that the Judge parade the Fox riff-raff through his show to give them street cred? IS that they only way you can get this thing done, Judge? If so, drop the pretense and do it on your own. Screw Fox News. When I see O'Reilly and Hannity offered up as being on the vanguard of the freedom movement….. I'm not only done with Freedom Watch…. I'm done with the Judge too, because he will have revealed himself as being wholly devoid of principle. You might like the two clods, and may even want to have them on the show – but to suggest that they can even define freedom (with using the phrase "keeping us safe from terror" or something synonymous) is to lessen its value for those who can (at least) define it.

I love you Judge….. please….. no more Shep Smith….. less Glenn "the Paulites are out to get me" Beck….. and tell Roger Ailes (or whoever) to get bent when they suggest the Hannity/O'Reilly idea….. you can find another venue easier than you can regain credibility. Those turds don't belong on the same stage with you….. please don't make them the reason I can't keep this Wednesday afternoon date for a long time.

20. Micah Said,

April 23, 2009 @ 11:30 pm

withOUT using the phrase "keeping us safe from terror" or something synonymous

21. Micah Said,

April 24, 2009 @ 1:22 am

D' Oh! As was pointed out to me…. it was Carl Cameron who gleefully took it upon himself to belittle an intelligent, sincere and honest man, for nothing other than being intelligent, sincere, and honest, so afar as I can tell….

A sincere apology to Mr. Smith and the Judge. I don't watch Fox (other than if I flip past and see the dear Judge – other than that it's a you tube/freedomwatch affair only) , and am guilty of going by memory – an unreliable strategy in this case. I know who he is, and actually enjoyed his reporting…. I'm not sure how I made the mental mix-up to assign the inappropriate comments to him. Regardless, it was careless, and a person should be more careful before impugning another person as a "damned pissant" or more importantly, questioning their understanding of or interest in liberty.

I suppose I can take the rhetoric down a notch – or at least aim it somewhere it can have positive effect…. just don't get Hannity, O'Reilly or Cameron on next week (to spite me)….. or ever…. and I'll contain the back-seat producing to curse-laden mutterings under my breath that I alone can hear….

22. mieke Said,

April 24, 2009 @ 3:01 pm

You are all falling for the BHO manipulation and distraction of the media. Just the way they mock and marginalize Christians or people of traditional values by holding them up to their own moral high ground? They aren't holding themselves up to those standards… they corrupt and prostitute our country away at every turn, and you want to go after the Bush Administration.

The mighty FEDS and the Oligarchy have a much worse agenda coming. Why are you arguing about what should have been argued last administration, and you do it in public for the world to see our dirty laundry. You are smart men, can you not see what they are doing to you? How they manipulate the news? How they make this problem bigger than the REAL ISSUES. They are about to take over our country from within. They have used ILLEGAL VOTING FRAUD, ILLEGAL COERCIAN OF CAUCUSes, PAY TO PLAY corruption, UNHOLY ALLIANCES between banks and representatives. You barely cover the DHS issues and forget Waco and Ruby Ridge?
    Stop falling for it…. much worse is coming down the pike and you need to take this conversation off the news and focus and dig and research into how we can bring real DEFENDERS of the Constitution in to office…..at all levels.

23. mieke Said,

April 24, 2009 @ 3:04 pm

Ditto… stick with Ron Paul and the real defenders of the constitution…. and please stop covering this topic. It's something the military needs to work out.

24. Albert Said,

April 25, 2009 @ 12:42 am

Doesn't make a difference who is in the top seat or where they were born, government is nothing more than a crime syndicate that has most people thinking they are some sort of legitimate entity. They aren't. They are authoritarian sociopaths at best.

25. poetrychurch Said,

April 25, 2009 @ 3:15 am

It was Carl Cameron, not Shep Smith, who asked Ron Paul the "do you have any?" electability question during the South Caroline debate on Fox. Smith has a record of going against the grain at Fox, both with his criticisms of the Bush administration's handling of Hurricaine Katrina as well as his interview with 'Joe the Plummer' about Joe's remark "a vote for Obama is a vote for the death of Israel." I'm assuming there are other examples of Smith being a bit different from the rest of the Fox zoo. Maybe someone else can point them out here cuz I don't particularly feel like defending the guy. Just trying to keep the record straight regarding the electablity crack during the SC debate. It was Carl Cameron, not Smith.

26. URbeingWatched Said,

April 26, 2009 @ 6:55 pm

Even this "tip of the iceberg" is outrageous. When the fish stinks, it stinks for the head on down. This is then the time for armed insurrection of Americans against government tyranny?

27. Paul Said,

April 29, 2009 @ 12:32 pm

Glen Beck is ok, but I'm no fan of shep smith. It's not so much because of what he said on this program — I agree, "we don't torture", I just don't consider him an advocate of freedom, or liberty, on any consistant basis. Bring back Schiff!!

28. lanchende Said,

April 29, 2009 @ 8:29 pm

Was a big fan of the show until that debacle by Shepard Smith.
    Never had a chance to hear the other guy speak.
    Judge – you may have lost me.